1. Why some people are satisfied doing the same thing day in day out and continue to live in their ‘comfort zones’.
2. Why some people resist change as if it’s the last thing they would want to happen to and around them?
3. Why some people keep finding themselves in situations where they keep coping?
It’s called Inertia.
For your reference, here is the dictionary meaning of inertia: “a property of matter by which it remains at rest or in uniform motion in the same straight line unless acted upon by some external force“.
Luckily for us, the mechanism of life ensures there are always external forces in our environment that affect our tranquil states. Yet, most of us continue to ignore them or just pretend they do not exist… until, we encounter a big force, that lifts us off the ground and displaces us to a new unfamiliar place, thus calling for action on our part. This is the force people experience when they suddenly find themselves in a situation where they need to cope. This is the force people experience when a major change happens in their organization that impacts them.
This force exists. Period.
You can choose to:
• Ignore it (not for long)
• Avoid it (not for long, again)
• ANTICIPATE & ACT or … in other words – Get rid of your “Inertia Man”!